We live in a world where everything is running towards being digitalized, let alone being simple. Here today we have for you all the steps of how to check your Ecocash Online Statement.
If you still unclear how EcoCash works, have a quick read.
Gone are the days where you’d need to join the queue for hours just so you can see the transactions you made. True honesty, no one likes those queues.
Before we go any further, let’s shed light on what the Ecocash statement is and why you need it.
Ecocash statement – what is that?
An EcoCash statement is a list of all transactions you made for a certain period of time.
This list of transactions includes withdrawals, payments and transfers, deposits, charges, and with it comes the balances of the beginning and end of that period of time.
Why Do I Need the Ecocash Statement
Like all banks, EcoCash is showing its responsibility in your EcoCash account.
The statement will help you keep track of your finances and hence you strategize how you want to improve your financial habits and so forth.
In addition, this statement will help you spot errors either with the services or the payments you made (Like say you pay for something twice).
What do I do if I see anomalies in my EcoCash Statement?
The best way is to go to the nearest EcoCash shop with your original and copy of your ID and explain to them what is going on.
However, If you are not able to go in person, you will need an affidavit written explaining all and the person you are sending should be included in that affidavit too.
Now that we have that covered, let’s dive right into it.
How to Check My EcoCash Online Statement
There are two ways which you can go about this:
- Ecocash self-service
- Mobile app
How to Check My Statement Online using EcoCash Self-Service
- Using this method, you will need to register for the self-service services ( pan intended)
- First, visit this website for registration.
- Then, click on “register”.
- Enter your phone number – the one that’s registered for EcoCash in your name.
- Fill in the username of your choice (max characters = 10)
- Enter a password of your choice then confirm it.
- On your phone dial *151*7*8*1#
- You will have a prompt message on your phone with an OTP in it.
- Enter that OTP then click the button- “register”.
- Now you should be able to see your dashboard if not, click on back to login then use the details you used for registration to log in.
- After that, navigate to account statements
- Select month period and currency then click submit
- Voila – there is your EcoCash Statement.
In the unlikely event that this method doesn’t work, try the following one
Using a Mobile Application
- First, download the EcoCash app from the play store.
- With your phone still connected to the internet, log in using your EcoCash credentials.
- Then, navigate “wallet Services”
- On the top panel, click on “generate Statement”
- Select the period of time you wish. (Please note that you can enquire statement for a period not exceeding 15 days within the previous 30 days)
- Enter your EcoCash PIN then click submit.
- You will get something like this
- Click on the red tick then Voila, there is your EcoCash online statement
Can I request My EcoCash statement at any Econet Shop?
The answer to that is yes! All you need is you, your phone and your original ID or passport taken to the nearest Econet shop and ask them to help you with that.